Sunday, January 13, 2008

Who's that knocking?

Last night was a strange night. I woke up around 2 A.M. because I heard a knock at the door. That is strange because I get one visitor, once a month, the landlord. There was no one at the door so I went back to bed. Sleep did not come for several hours but something else did, a torrent of memories washed over my mind. Memories from long ago, I mean REALLY long ago. I can date some of them by their surroundings. Age three, age five, the third grade, and the list goes on and on. I don't know what has happened but suddenly I like myself. I have not liked myself for about fifteen years. In the past I have analyzed this feeling and come to the conclusion that it is because I have not conducted my life in accordance with my Father's high standards. Not his expectations but his high personal moral code. Suddenly the slate is clean. I got up this morning and made coffee the old fashioned way without even thinking about it. Suddenly the future looks rosy. Popeye was right "I yam what I yam and that all what I am.". I suddenly have an overpowering urge to restudy English grammar. 2008 looks promising, maybe I will finally solve the preposition problem. I was absent from the second grade the day they discussed prepositions and have always felt shaky when the term was brought up. Who knows, if I solve that then maybe it will be factoring in mathematics. I might even get to know what a sine is.

No comments: