Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hallmark

Today was a hallmark day. Two things that I had been assured would happen actually happened. Despite my mistrust of computers and customer services, they actually happened. Things are actually looking up, despite my belief in Becker's elastic. I went for a walk and the weather seems to be turning. Is this the January thaw?
I am eating beef stew. Yesterday I made enough beef stew to feed the multitude. It is the curse of having big pots.
I may have made a mistake. I offered advice to my oldest daughter. As if that marvel needs advice from a jerk like me. I hope she is not offended. It is O.K. if she is embarrassed, she has been embarrassed by her father many times before. The advice may be trash and elitist but the love that initiated it is there.

No comments: