Friday, January 18, 2008

Nesting

The forecast for this area is: cold, followed by very cold, followed by colder than the well diggers bottom. It is supposed to get warmer the first part of next week. I have been in for three days and look forward to three more. Wednesday I made pork stew. It was supposed to be beef stew but when I went to brown the meat I discovered that it was pork. Great beef stock, great vegetables, and pork make a lousy stew. I have been eating it for two days and foresee two more. This must be the recipe for Ratso Rizzo's stew. Today will be homemade bread. I will have to use bread flour as I don't have enough all-purpose flour for the recipe and I am not going out to get more. Baking, cocoa, and reading. Life doesn't get much better than this. Sunday's forecast is for -10. It is 72 inside here. I am nesting.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Negative 10 on Sunday? Where the heck did you see that? Now I'm scared. Of course, I checked the weather online last night and on the same page, I saw both 18 and 28 for Sunday. Huh?!? Warm bread and cocoa - yum.