Saturday, January 26, 2008

Victorious Stew

The stew survived to bite another day. It was heating on the stove when I spied the can of tomatoes. Tomato sauce came out quite good because I finally put salt in it, along with eight cloves of garlic and about a tablespoon of dried basil. All of the desiccated Parmesan rinds went in also. Add some linguine and bliss was achieved. The stew is gloating in the refrigerator. So, today's menu will definitely be stew or pork chops and homefried potatoes. I found out why the fried chicken can taste fishy. It is the oil. Vegetable oil starts breaking down at a fairly low temperature. Peanut oil can get a lot hotter before the smoke alarm goes off. Peanut or fish, take your pick. I don't want to know how much cholesterol is in peanut oil. Speaking of cholesterol, bacon, I miss you very much.

No comments: