Thursday, January 3, 2008

Bracing

It is cold today. It is cold outside but warm inside. Do the math. I have no reason to go outside today. Friday is supposed to be warmer and I have planned my beginning of the month errands for Friday. That is one of the glories of New England. Today will be cocoa, cookies, pie, and the Illiad.
Yesterday was spaghetti with sausages and turkey sandwiches. My brother is right,"Vegetables aren't food, food eats vegetables. Never eat anything that didn't have parents.".
I made the spaghetti sauce on Tuesday. I couldn't hold out any longer. I have enough canned plum tomatoes and pasta to last a long time. Onions, garlic, green pepper, roasted red pepper, artichokes, olives, and sausage frying in olive oil. Add some tomatoes and the fragrance permeates my whole world. Life is good when it is topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

"Today will be cocoa, cookies, pie, and the Iliad."

Oh sure, rub it in. I just heated up some leftover weird Indian/Thai food that A picked up from Costco. Blech. Time for a sunny Clementine to get rid of the disgusting taste (and smell)!

It's freezing out but at least it's sunny!

sandwhichisthere said...

Many years ago I was invited to a small embassy party in Washington D.C.. The food was prepared by a Thai officer studying in my class. It was chicken on top of rice with fried green beans. The beans had been dipped in an egg wash and stir fried. They were delicious. I then bit into the chicken. It was scorching. When the flames cleared I tried the rice. The only reason the chicken was hot was that it was sitting on top of the rice.
When you took me to Blue Ginger, I was a little nervous. The food was marvelous.
Weird Indian/Thai food? I think the weird is superfluous.