Saturday, January 5, 2008

Too far

I walked too far. The day is nice and I overextended. I was feeling a bit moody and then I saw two mallard ducks on one of the rivers, a mated pair. Can this mean that an early Spring is coming? My spirits soared.
While I was out I purchased crushed red pepper and basil. I go through basil awfully fast. I stopped at the little store down the street and they were clearing out their wine inventory. Three big bottles for $9.00. I have already started cooking and sipping. That is the great part about cooking with wine, 1/2 cup goes into the recipe and the rest goes into the cook. The French really know how to live. Beef burgundy is definitely in the future, I already have more than enough beef, all I need is salt pork. This is going to be a good day tater.

No comments: