Saturday, January 19, 2008

Finally something that works

This world is full of advice that doesn't work. Recipes, car repair instructions, computer adjustments to make, and super glues. Finally I found something that does: King Arthur TRADITIONAL Whole wheat Flour. Just follow the instructions on the back of the bag and you get two of the most marvelous loaves of bread I have ever tasted. It only takes 2 1/2 hours, most of which is rising time, and the bread is marvelous! Just be sure to use rapid rising yeast and you may have to use a little extra milk to make a slightly soupy dough that gets silky when extra flour is kneaded in. So much for the triumphs of a sheltered life. Next up: croissants.

1 comment:

Greg C said...

I have to try this one, I love fresh bread, wait I am on a diet, I forgot. :(