Friday, November 28, 2008

Peace

Last night was a peaceful night. A worry that has been gnawing at me for several days has disappeared. Someone that has been wandering for nineteen years has found a place to rest. I remember when I went through a time of wandering from place to place, that my Father told me "Hey, even a bird has to nest!". Also, my ever ongoing dealings with the government have been resolved. They are not settled but they have been resolved.
A time of thankfullness is here. Even if you don't immediately see something to be thankful for, find something! It just feels so damn good to be thankful.
One disturbing thought comes to mind.gogue. A place of beauty and peace to the eye and a place of peace to the soul are blessed with Nobel's legacy. Is any place on Earth safe from the narrowness of the minds that harbor religious and racial hatred? Whitman chose the only sane path. India, the home of Ghandi, the man that chose to be a stretcher bearer for the very people that held his own people in virtual slavery. Perhaps Switzerland is civilized. If it isn't, there would be still the consolation of good cheese and chocolate.

No comments: