Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Encore

Once again I tried to recapture a dream. I went back to sleep and was rewarded with other pleasant dreams. Can this be an omen signifying that such a thing is possible in the waking world? Once before in my life, an attempt to recapture a state of bliss led to an extremely different situation but one filled with joy and peace. What was amazing was that I realized how good things were at the time. To have joy and peace and realize it at the time, a rare event in life. Usually joy and peace are viewed only through hindsight. Sometimes I labor through what seems to be dark times only to realize later that those were the good old days. This omen may signify that the albatross I have tied around my neck may soon turn into a phoenix. A brand new phoenix, not one with soot on its feet, but that would portent ashes in the future. Ashes, the ultimate fate of mankind. I prefer dust to ashes.

No comments: