Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Today I will go walking. The scenery is beautiful. All of the trees look like glazed honeydip doughnuts. The sidewalks are like glass. I will wait until the sidewalks melt. I went walking yesterday and discovered that ice and sneakers are a bad mix.
I was up quite late reading Pascal. How much human suffering could have been averted if he and the Jansenists had come before Luther? He had the answer to the question I have always had about faith. Maybe he and Abelard suffered enough to understand but I guess understanding is the difference between them.

1 comment:

Johanna said...

I can only comment on the first paragraph, I would have to visit the library for the second one. But I have used this post as evidence that homeschooling is a good idea(although we really didn't need any more). Because, were these topics introduced to you in high school? I remember you talking about how your college commented on how many business courses you were taking for a geology major. I remember probably everything you ever talked about in front of me. How some people of some culture put amethysts in their wine, and if it had been striped, they would have put it in their candy canes. And I remember telling my fourth grade class this, and getting that blank "you're a freak " stare that I am REALLY familiar with. So I may have to consult you, mathwise. But aside from that, everything I've read backs up the love and appreciation of learning that I got at home(even though I always lost at competitive Jeopardy answering to you and Ericka) being more important than the memorization of the exact dates of battles in the war of 1812. I remember everything you taught me. I can hear your voice in my head, coming out of my mouth. Second grade teacher Mrs. Souza, not so much. Love you Dad. Tomorrow is their last day. Remember that movie where the old man brings the little boy to school only to discover that the school has burnt down? Same type of feeling... You have the longest freaking word verifications I have ever seen, is this some new spambot avoidance program?