Wednesday, December 19, 2007

stew

Yesterday was beef stew. Just like the soups, it was passable but not great. I think the problem is that when I make stew or soup, I tend to clean out the refrigerator. All of those little darlings that have been waiting on the shelves, so patiently for so long, get a chance to strut their stuff. The remains of the relish jar, beard and all, made it into the bean soup, those poor innocent beans, but I don't think it was the relish, maybe it was the Hershey bar. I have to remember K.I.S.S.. The corn bread was good. I feel guilty because I used canned beef broth for the stew instead of making it. I can't get meaty beef bones out here. I don't understand why as there are a lot of French people out here. Another disadvantage of living away from the poor part of a city. You should see what they do to a poor fish out here. Two things are in the near future, the new recipe for macaroni and cheese and the garlic shrimp recipe. There will be a problem with the seafood. I got spoiled by living close to New Bedford. I haven't seen a monkfish tail anywhere around here. I wonder who is raising the boneless cows.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

If you ever want us to pick you up some supplies from up here in the ol' city of Boston, let me know! Arlington is bad for seafood, too. I could not believe that our Stop-n-Shop doesn't even have a seafood counter! How can that be possible in Massachusetts?