Monday, December 31, 2007

Year's end

The end of another year. I hope that 2008 is as bland as 2007 has been. I no longer look forward to exciting. Being in a train wreck is exciting, jumping out of an airplane was exciting, riding a quarter horse that had not been out of the barn in two weeks was exciting, steering a sailboat in a furious storm was exciting No wonder I go through underpants so quickly. I have had enough of exciting.
I have made one resolution for the New Year and I hope that I can keep it. This year I will remember the six P's from Basic Training: Prior
Planning
Prevents
Piss
Poor
Performance
I never plan anything. John Lennon was right or as the ancient Greeks said "What makes the Gods laugh? A man with a plan.".
Yesterday was turkey, I plan to have more today. I can't wait for it to be gone. I haven't made spaghetti sauce in weeks and am deep within withdrawal. Today, if the weather permits, I will go to the store to get the ingredients for meatballs. Knowing myself I am sure that SAUSAGE will be purchased. Pork sausage, not @!#$ turkey sausage. Life is simple. Remembering KISS isn't.

No comments: