Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas

"And so this is Christmas, for God and for Man. And so this is Christmas, do what you can.".
There are many Christmases that I remember, some I have forgotten. Most of the presents get forgotten but the joy of family lingers for years. Yesterday will not only linger buy shine forever. I sat on the couch staring at the most memorable Christmas present that I can remember. A thing of wonder and beauty, recently created, containing an incredible amount of memory. It even keeps track of nickels. What was amazing is that it can instantly turn into a laptop and like most of this decade's wonders its label has three letters :IBM, MAC, and ___. This Christmas will be remembered. Some cultures believe in reincarnation. If this is so, I would like to come back as a Tomte. This long haired sleeping gnome would enjoy that.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL THIS GOOD NIGHT!

2 comments:

Johanna said...

Sorry I didn't call today, intense craziness!!!! Hope you had a great day, and love you very much, and thank you for not expecting me to jump through ridiculous Martha Stewart hoops in high heels while simultaneously saving the world and enriching the lives of my children(I did get that done, against their wishes, and I made "the greatest cookie recipe ever" which was a blatant lie, and had it not been free online I would definitely have some big feedback for them. I love you so much Dad.

Kristen said...

Dad - Thank you for a wonderful Christmas Eve! Everything was delicious as always, and it's so special for R to spend time with his Grandpa.