Friday, January 1, 2010

A time for change

2010, a time for change. I made a resolution last night. I don't remember ever making a New Year's Resolution before. I resolved to put away my old nemesis. I hope that I am able to persevere with this resolve. If plans go smoothly this will be a year of great changes. My driver's license will expire in May. I don't think that I will renew it. I haven't driven in seven years and have not missed it. It is much easier to be a burden to those around you than to bear the burden yourself.
I will be sixty-five at the end of May. I have had two years that I never planned on. It has been a quiet two years here in Lake Uxbridge. It has been two years of reading and cooking and staring out the window pensively and indulging my old nemesis. Begone foul nemesis! It is time to get up and do something. Time to renew old bonds and glory in the joy of being alive. I will not make a list of things to do but cleaning is wafting across what passes for a mind that I have. Lookout world, he has decided to do something. So, this year will see the second side of me. A side that has grown dusty and musty, stored away and disused for so long. Maybe I will renew the license as I feel the urge to travel, an urge that I have not felt in forty-five years.

No comments: