Monday, January 11, 2010

Everything Comes in Threes, I hope.

It has been a trying three days. There has been no heat or hot water for three days. The landlord says he has called someone but I think there is a monetary reason for the delay. Usually a burner repair service charges a premium for a week-end dispatch. Knowing my landlord, I think that he has decided to wait for the lower rate. I am not sure of this but I think that it is so. He is warm enough as he has a woodstove in his apartment.
The landlord wanted to know recently if I had an electric heater as his electric bill had gone up fifty dollars. I told him that I didn't. Maybe I should have taken this as an omen and purchased one.
There is another leak under the sink. There are several things wrong with the plumbing here. The toilet still works minimally, so there is no emergency. I told him about the steps several months ago and he said he would take a look at them but has not done it yet.
I am tired of having so many things wrong with the heat and the plumbing and the steps and the wiring. I have decided to move. Where and when and how I don't know but it is time.
He will still come knocking on the door the morning, early, that the rent is due. I don't like to complain but the trickle of problems has become a torrent and the floodgates are loosed. I will wait for the seeds to be delivered and then plan a decent exit.
It is difficult to type with gloves on. I have a jacket and a hat and long underwear on and hope the heat comes back on today. I will deal with the leak somehow. I have not been angry at anything in many years but I can feel some anger growing. This place is very amenable to me but I feel that it is time for a change. I can only hope that it will be possible.

No comments: