Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pizza again

Yesterday was pizza day. I had planned to just have a chicken sandwich for the day but was overcome by the possibility of pizza. I already had the pizza sauce, from a previous day, and had all of the toppings. As usual, it is one of the few things that I do right. It was very good. This time I added hot cherry peppers instead of green pepper. They added just the right bite.
Last night was not a good night for sleeping. I kept waking and realized that I was going over a litany of all of the mistakes I have made in life and all of the people that I have disappointed. I began to wonder if this was the final inventory before the doors are closed. The only saving grace is that there is nothing that I can do about the past and it is all behind me. If I have disappointed you or offended you, I am sorry that I did. I still have the nightmares about being late for work. It is nice to wake up and realize that that no longer applies to me, cuddle up under the blanket, and drift off gain. There are not many things in life as comforting as a warm blanket in a cool room.

No comments: