Saturday, January 22, 2011

Snowy

Yesterday was another snow day. It snowed profusely throughout most of the morning. Once the snow had ceased, I went out to shovel off the porch and steps. I also helped the landlord shovel out the driveway and stairs and path to the oil filler pipes. The landlord is ninety-two and can use the help. The temperature had turned surprisingly mild by then. Then I went for a walk. I love walking in the snow.
When I returned, I indulged in my favorite bored pastime. I made spaghetti sauce while reading a cookbook on Louisiana cooking and sipped a delightful Cabernet Sauvignon.
While I was sitting at the kitchen table, I noticed that the Bluebird was back on the porch. Evidently the bird is fond of the snow in the flower pots. I checked closely and the bird really is a Bluebird not a holdover Robin. I put some sunflower kernals into the flower pot. The bird flew off when I opened the door and I will have to check this morning to see if any of the seeds are gone.
Life is moving along simply and slowly. This is very appropriate for a man who is also simple and slow.
If I can get my hands on some fresh coriander and parsley, I think that I will attempt codfish cakes. I already have the salted codfish and lard. Portuguese codfish cakes, I really do miss New Bedford. Maybe some kale for a nice soup, I have a ham bone and can get Linguica or Chourice.

No comments: