Thursday, January 27, 2011

More and More

It has been snowing all night. I am not sure how much of an accumulation there was overnight but the dilemma is, what to do with the snow and all of the other snow that is under it. There has been a snow storm almost every day for the last few days. None of the previous snowfall seems to have melted before a new one piles on more. I do very much like snow but the present situation is going to become troublesome when all of the snow starts to melt. I live high on a hill so there is no problem with flooding for me but the town's sewage treatment plant is upstream from the town's fresh water supply. Someone forgot about the six P's from Basic Training (Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance). So once more I will have to lay in gallons of fresh water as when the sewage treatment plant overflows the town shuts off all of the fresh water supply. The gallons are necessary because I have experienced this situation before. There is no need for drinking water as I always have a supply of juice and such for this situation. The gallons are necessary to flush the toilet. Three days with an unflushed toilet leave a lasting impression on a person.
It is still snowing outside and I must do something for the birds and the squirrel. I will walk a bit today, not a lot but a little. Walking in the snow is one of the pleasures of living in New England. One never has to worry about falling, for if one does fall, one lands with a whoosh not a thump.

No comments: