Sunday, January 2, 2011

Lateness

Last night was filled with the same old nightmares. The nightmares about being late for school, being late for roll call in the Army, being late for work. I awakened and was heartened by the fact that none of those situations apply to me anymore.
As I lay there in the dark, my thoughts turned to a time long ago. The Lady of Literature took me to see a movie. The movie was "Pele the Conqueror". I later got the book from the Boston Public Library. In the book was an incident that applied to my life very much. I never took any action on that message. I should have. It would have changed my life so much.
So, despite my statements on resolutions, I will try to finally put that lesson into place. My old Nemesis is laughing right now, for I have so many times tried to lay that nemesis to rest. It remains to be seen if I will be the conqueror or the conquered. That Nemesis has beat the living tar out of three generations of my family and I am sure it is not very concerned with this resolution. Watch out Nemesis, there is a new resolve in town!

No comments: