Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Slip sliding away

The weather here has been a bit looney. Yesterday morning huge snowflakes were falling from the sky at a very impressive rate. By the time I got out to shovel, the snow had turned to rain. Imagine the scene, a layer of ice and tightly packed snow on the driveway, topped with a layer of slush, and rain on top of that. I cancelled my walk and went back into the house. There was too much of a possibility of disaster. I am not as agile as I used to be and the thought of slipping and trying to catch myself is a certain recipe for back problems. I don't mind falling. Just thump and you are on the ground but lurching around trying to prevent a fall is the danger.
So I tucked myself in, put on good warm socks, and proceeded to cook. I think that today will be the same as it is still pretty WD-40 outside.

No comments: