Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Best Laid Plans

So much for the plan of nesting. Yesterday I went for a walk anyway. It was very treacherous going. The sidewalks were very slippery so I mainly walked in the street. The weather was pleasant but I curtailed the distance. I ended up at the library (surprise, surprise) and spent some time there. I bet that every book in that library has my fingerprints on it. Next to the grocery store, it is my favorite place.
Today I plan to go to the hardware store, there is something that I should get and two things that I want to check the price on. It is good to get out and walk around. I may even stop into the hot dog store. I have not had a hot dog in years and they are a treasured memory.
I will soon need some more soba noodles. They are almost an addiction. By the time that I finally finish preparing the dish, there is an interesting collage of colors and textures in the bowl. I have some shrimp in the freezer and would like to try them with the noodles. I might also defrost the rhinocerous and the moose. They are taking up too much space. The horn and antlers might make for an interesting stock.
I just noticed that the Moon is shining over the cedar tree outside and shining directly on me. Lunacy might explain my thought train.

No comments: