Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Promises

Sometimes my mind makes promises that my body can't keep. I did that recently about a day in September. The promise involves travel. I am unable to travel as I need to be near a bathroom frequently. Maybe this situation will resolve it self before September. I have disappointed the person I made the promise to so many times in the past and I don't want to do it again.
It has been very cool here in the mornings. Yesterday morning I had to put on a sweater during my morning inventory of the objects in the sky before the Sun comes up. This morning was a little warmer and I noticed two objects that I don't recall seeing before. They are probably geosynchronise satellites that are only visible at a certain time of the morning when the Sun hits them at an angle just before sunrise. Either that or I am seeing spots again.
This is going to be a banner year for tomatoes. The plants on the porch have flowers on them already. What a time to have a surfeit of tomatoes, when the tomatoes from Maine are only ninety-nine cents a pound in the market. They don't have much flavor but they sure look good. How appropriate for the times we live in.

1 comment:

Ericka said...

Dad,

Don't worry about it if you can't make the trip. I had actually expected that you wouldn't be able to come out, but I didn't want to exclude you either. In any case, we'll be in Massachusetts for Thanksgiving this year, and I'll be near Boston early in August as well, so perhaps I can take a drive out to see you then. I love you, and don't want to be bringing hardship upon people

Ericka