Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bonus days

Today I am sixty-four. I never thought that I would make it this far. Every day from now on is a bonus day. Each day will be treasured and slowly sipped like a good brandy. No more worries about cholesterol and blood pressure and smoking and drinking and sausages and butter and cream. There will be cream and butter and wine and Julia and Jacques and Lidia and delicious aromas wafting out of the kitchen window. Each day will be a treasure that counts but will not be counted. Read a little, eat a little, drink a little (is that possible for a Swede?), walk a little, and end each day by lying down for a rest and not worry about waking up. Who knew that life was going to be so easy after a lifetime of worrying about the future? Tomorrow never comes, today is always here. My children are well, my Brother is well, therefore I am well!

No comments: