Tuesday, May 12, 2009

P and P

Philosophy and poetry, they both have a similar effect on me. Philosophy makes my brain ache and poetry makes my heart ache. I realize that it is my brain and not my heart that poetry works on so I have decided to forego both of them. I have spent a lifetime trying to learn things and I am damned tired of it. From now on I will read for pleasure only. Yesterday I went to the library and got a copy of Name of the Rose. History and fiction, there is a combination I have always loved. I laid down in the afternoon to read. So far it is pretty good. I am up this early because I think that I fell asleep while it was still light out. Textbooks had a similar effect on me.
William of Baskerville uses the same techniques of deduction that Sherlock Holmes used. I wonder if he had a dog.

No comments: