Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Word

Word came this morning that my little mayflower is fine. There was a message on the answering machine (Yes I do occasionally check the messages to see how my friends the telemarketers are doing) and it was Johanna saying that she was fine. Her voice sounded a little strained but the message was that she was fine. I remember what that strained tone used to mean and I hope that that is not the case now. I will try to call her today. It will be easier to sleep tonight.
Yesterday was make a sauce day. Onions, garlic, mushrooms, sausages, pepperoncini, hot cherry peppers, tomatoes, and sausage blended together and graced the linguini perfectly. The artichoke hearts were the perfect complement. Cooking and walking and reading and napping blend together nicely also.
Life used to be so hard but now all that I lack are two cats in the yard. First I need a yard and then I need two cats. I would also like to have a very, very, very, fine........
I am content with the joy that the message brought. Cats and a yard are wants not needs. Knowing that all is well with my precious flower is a need. I am content.

No comments: