Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dreams

Last night was a night of strange dreams. Many of those dreams were old acquaintances. It is so nice to wake up and realize that you are no longer in that situation and have nothing to fear. I often dream that I am still in the Army and awaiting some horrible conclusion. I awake and realize that that situation no longer applies to me. I also often dream that I am late for work or have lost my job. I used to lie in bed at night worrying about that, wondering how I would feed and provide for my wife and children. Those times have passed and when that dream occurs again, I can awake and push the dream away. I had another dream and it will remain only a dream. The time for new things has passed.
Today will be a day for transplanting. I have seedlings all over the house and the tomato plants are two feet high and still in pots. The dream was related to transplanting but of a different sort.

2 comments:

shaun said...

Are you out standing in your field?

Cap'n Slappy said...

hey Dad, I'm sorry we haven't connected, everything IS pretty much fine(my goat keeps eating my little Brandywines, so not totally fine) but I could use some advice-I'll try to get ahold of you tomorrow(Friday) morning, after 10-hope to talk to you soon. Love you very much.