Sunday, June 21, 2009

Nils 2, Bird 0

Once again I beat the bird. I was up at 3 A.M. and the bird was still asleep. Why was I up so early? Because I went to bed really, really, early. It was still light out when I went to bed but I have a really good book and bed seemed the best place to read it. I went for quite a walk yesterday as the Sun felt so good. It was so warm that I wore shorts. I don't think that I have worn shorts in eight years. I have no plans for today. I may make pizza and transplant some plants. Today is one of those wonderful times when I have absolutely no reason to go out. A day for reading and cooking and cleaning, something that I have been neglectful of recently. Several days ago I cleaned the kitchen and bathroom. It is quite a task as I am a little anal about cleaning the floor. It takes a lot of time and my knees are a mess for several days afterwards. Having a white floor is good. When it needs to be cleaned it stares up at you each day saying "Hey boyo, it's time for you to take care of business!". It has become easier now that I take off my shoes when I come in the door. The thought of all the stuff that gets on your shoes while you are walking is disturbing. People with dogs seem to have an affinity for letting their dogs do their business on the sidewalk. The town that I used to live in had an ordinance that if you were walking a dog and didn't have a baggie with you, you would get a ticket. You were not allowed to walk a dog on the beach under any circumstances as there was shellfishing just off of the beach and shellfish are filter feeders. I am reminded of the words of a very wise woman. "Dogs are like strings, every yo yo needs one.". I like dogs very much but most dog owners think that there is something wonderful and natural about their dog doing its business on the sidewalk or beach or someone else's lawn. Cats at least bury their business, dogs are content to give it a strong kick and spread the wealth. Hey boyo, it's time for you to take care of your dog's business so Nils doesn't have to bleach the floor so much!
There used to be a television show Mayberry and there was a character Ernest. I am becoming more like him each day. I would rather be a bachelor farmer. I need some powdermilk biscuits.

No comments: