Sunday, June 28, 2009

Mushrooms

Once more it is cool and damp and all around un-Juneish here. Today was supposed to be nice but doesn't look like it. It was cool and rainy on the porch this morning. It is a good day for mushrooms and mould, not for people. Perhaps it will get warmer and the Sun will shine.
I am having trouble finishing the book that I am reading. The trouble is that the author is dull, dull, dull. I have read one other book of his and it was the same thing. He spends too much time on the arcane knowledge that he has acquired and not enough time on substance. Sounds a bit like a personal biography.

1 comment:

Tera Rose said...

remind me not to pick up any of his books. there is no time for dull.

hmmm mushrooms.

We are growing slugs by the dozens. If I had a dollar for each one; we'd be rich. Thank God beer is relatively cheap. We are emptying a cup of it a day...full of those slimy creatures.

Our trees down here in Connecticut have greener trunks than their tops.

Moss is growing.

I try to tell myself Ireland has visited...but I ache for the sun on my face and sand in my toes.