Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wastebook

I tried that Facebook for a while. I don't think that I will use it again. They should format their activity with crayons and colored paper. There is one particularly obnoxious person that I get on the News portion.
There may be a frost this week. It is time to pull in the tomatoes, peppers, basil, parsley, and sage.
Yesterday I went and got a flu shot. I had some questions about Medicare. It is apparent that no one, not even those that supposedly deal with it every day, understands Medicare. Evidently doctors understand it and it is the source of an unlimited supply of golden eggs for them.
When I was much younger, I used to caddy for a very successful stock broker. He used to drink quite heavily on the golf course. One day he said to me "The easiest people to cheat are doctors. Next to their wives, they are the greediest people I have ever met. If I say to you 'Give me a dollar today and tommorow I will give you one hundred dollars." you would laugh in my face. Not doctors, they will dive in and try to invest one thousand dollars.".

No comments: