Sunday, October 16, 2011

Coughing, Viruses, and Sneezing.

Yesterday I went to CVS to pick up a prescription. There I was , standing in the pick-up line with about twelve other people. I didn't ask myself why people are picking up a prescription. They are there because they are sick. Sure enough I awakened in the middle of the night with chest pain. At first I thought I might be having a heart attack. I lay there telling myself that heart attack is the way to go. All of the other ways are too drawn out and tedious. Then I realized that the mucas coming up was a sign of something in a lung. Oh joy, I have not been sick in about seven years. One trip to CVS, the first in seven years, and I picked up some denizen of a disease. Hot tea with a lot of lemon and honey is going to have to deal with this. I don't want to go to a doctor because why are the people in the waiting room there? I had a flu shot several days ago so that can't be the problem. So there will be several days of sitting cuddled up in a nice soft warm blanket, sipping hot tea with lemon and honey, and reading all of the books I have failed to finish. The one positive aspect of the trip was that I purchased a ton of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for Halloween. Once again I will hope that no children come to the door so that I can eat all the cups myself the next day.

No comments: