Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Weather Outside Is _ _ _

It is December and the weather is still bright, sunny, and way way above freezing. It is disconcerting. By now the ground should be rock hard and we should have had at least one snow storm. It is a situation that lies uneasy on the mind.
The other uneasiness I am experiencing is a plethora of meatballs. For three days I have been dining on meat and sauce and pasta. My stomach is uneasy and communicating this fact with gurgles and rumblings. I am even considering eating a vegetable or some fruit. Maybe a vegetable and fruit casserole with some nicely browned cheese and bread crumbs on the top is in the future. There is a term for that, French I am sure, but I cannot remember it right now.
Wait a minute, it just came to me. Gratinee.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I'm fine with no snow yet. The boy isn't, but I am. I can wait a few weeks more. :-)

You should make a cold meatball sandwich with lettuce and butter and beet slices. That's what I had at the Swedish festival a few years ago - delicious!

Hope your stomach is back to normal soon.