Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ask

There is an old saying "Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it". I have been asking for Winter. Boy, did I get it. The streets are not plowed, the driveway is as slick as a lawyer's conscience, and I am housebound. I like being housebound as I was able to make another attempt at onion soup. The soup turned out not bad. Not bad but not great, I am still soup challenged. I roasted a pork blade roast. I used maple syrup and Dijon mustard and port as a glaze. It came out pretty good. Today I think that I may try some cookies or bread. I will wait for the inevitable melting to venture out.
Asking will, from now on, be confined to the only prayer I have ever endorsed. "Please God, don't let me outlive any of my children.".
My children, the pride of my life and the loves of my life. Each of them has turned out to be a wonderful, caring, intelligent, and compassionate human being. I take no credit for those things. There is so much of their Mother in them. Maternal DNA is a powerful and awesome force.

No comments: