Tuesday, December 30, 2008

All is well

The news came this morning. My heart is light and bursting with joy. My baby is safe. All of the uncertainty and wandering of life is over for her, she has achieved happiness. I spent the day yesterday wondering if all had gone well and this morning brought the good news. I spent much of the day yesterday tempted to call her and find out but each time I reached for the telephone I stopped, realizing that this would be a busy day for her and the last thing she needed was for her cell phone to ring during the ceremony and hear the voice of Cassandra on the other end. No dire predictions, I see love and peace and happiness and rainbows and a child not just walking through life but skipping and singing and laughing and HAPPY! "A kiss for luck and we're on our way!".

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Happy New Year, Dad! Love you!