Thursday, January 1, 2009

Once more into the breach

A new year is here and once again we face the time of resolutions. There is a new coating of snow on the ground and we start this year with a cleaned slate. It is a time not of resolutions but a time for resolution. To paraphrase a gentle poet:
"There's going to be a resolution, w ell you know
You say you've got a real solution, w ell you know
But if you want money for purchasing planes and guns
I'm telling you buddy that you can kiss my buns".
I wish you and your family a time of joy and healing and laughter and good food and peace and hope and resolution. It is time for Americans to take off the black hats and dig the white ones out of the closet and wear them proudly once again.

2 comments:

Tera Rose said...

I always thought they were singing "there's going to be a revolution"

shows you how bad my hearing is!

A few years back I made a resolution at new years to stop making new year resolutions every year.

It was the best thing I could have done because it was the only resolution that I have ever kept.

I like taking a look back- reflecting on the past year, take what things you need to move onward...leave behind those memories that need to stay...

but then yet again; I like doing that through out the year.

Happy New years to you and your family...

Ericka said...

I thought it was, "you say you want a revolution..." But I often mishear lyrics. My favorite is "Cause you ate the tiny chicken". In reality, the guy is singing, "Cause you ain't got time to check it", but I like my version better.