Saturday, January 17, 2009

Peace

I awoke at 5 A.M. this morning. Evidently, before waking up, my brain had been busy. As I lay in bed before getting up, I realized that something had been resolved. For many years I had felt that I was the aggreived party in a situation. Suddenly I realized that the situation and its outcome were all my fault. The other party involved had tried very hard to rectify the situation and when I refused to compromise, took action.
It was as if a cooling, cleansing breeze had blown through my life. Why is it so hard for me to accept things that go wrong unless they are my fault? Once I place an event in the MY FAULT category, everything is easier. I guess that it is because I find it easier to understand or find excuses for my actions than the actions of others. It may be that I am much more used to dealing with things that are my fault than I am with things that are the fault of others. MY FAULT is an old friend and THE FAULT OF OTHERS is a stranger to me. "It's going to be a good day Tater!".

1 comment:

Tera Rose said...

unfortunately, i can so relate.

for me, it is always my fault right from the get go-

even when other's point out to me someone else's humanity- i blame myself thinking- if I; only had I-

see, it is always my fault.

I think it is because I was the first born.

I am trying to walk in peace- by accepting that things aren't really about FAULT-

somethings just are...

and most things are about MISCOMMUNITCATION!

I watch my oldest and my husband (his step father) have arguments all the time where they are both on the same side and can't see it!

perhaps that person who tried to get you to compromised-

needed to communicate a little differently.

on another note, if you are up that early on a Saturday- then, hey, everything is your fault...lol.

i ache for days- or just one day where i can sleep until 9 am....

and thinking that when the kids are on there own- it will be there... i must be wrong and missing something.