Friday, January 2, 2009

Glory in the sky

I awoke this morning before sunrise. While I was making coffee in the kitchen the Sun began to rise. The sky was breathtaking. The Sun was just a glimmer on the horizon but the sky glowed. The center was a rose pink, much rosier than normally, surrounded by the most turquoise band that I have ever seen. The turquoise was intense with tinges of light green. It reminded me of watermelon tourmaline.
I spent most of yesterday worrying about a single matter that had come to pass. I was convinced that Becker's Elastic had hit me firmly between the eyes. It was one of those situations where I just say "This can't be, it just can't be!". The awe of the sunrise erased those thoughts from my mind. When I checked on the situation later this morning, it had been resolved. Now there is just one small matter to be investigated.
Random thoughts and questions sometimes assume too much importance to me. This morning's Question from Porlock is "What is centripidal force?". I have looked into the explanation but once again "This can't be, it just can't be!".
2009 is looking good so far. This may be the year about which we say "When it was good it was very, very good." but as I say this I can feel the elastic growing tauter and tauter.

No comments: