Thursday, October 21, 2010

Soup is On

The soup that I made Wednesday came out pretty good. This is noteworthy because the soups that I make are usually a disaster. The soup is lentil, with a bunch of other things.
Lentils, carrots, onions, garlic, peppers, tomatoes, tomato paste, lima beans, peas, beef broth, a splash of white wine, and leftover pork chops with bones combined to make something that is nice with bread and shredded cheese. It is a good time for soup as the weather has turned just a little bit chilly. It reminds me of an old French saying, "Soup is enough if there is enough soup.".
Another French saying comes to mind. My dear, sweet, French friend used to say "Kissing a man without a moustache is like soup without salt.". Life without her is like soup without a spoon. I can remember what the flavor was but I cannot partake of it. Life goes on but the warmth is gone.

No comments: