Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pot Roast.2

I am trying pot roast again. I started it yesterday and will finish it today. I would have finished yesterday but the cooking time is very lengthy and I was tired so I put it in the refrigerator and will finish the cooking today. I am not using the super duper recipe from Cook's Illustrated. I have reverted to The Joy of Cooking. The Joy of Cooking is probably the most extensive cookbook ever written. The Ladie's recipes run from dandelion greens to roasting a whole moose. She also gives the warning about making garlic oil. Garlic plus olive oil plus too many hours equals botulism! Lidia gives the same warning.
The weather here has been incredible. It is as if Spring has returned. I am looking forward to cooler temperatures.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Ooh - I need the dandelion greens recipe! We just got a bunch, and I've never cooked with them before.

And, how exactly do you mess up pot roast?!? I brown the roast, use half beef bouillon and half red wine for the broth, add veggies, and that's pretty much it!