Friday, August 13, 2010

Scary Dreams

Last night was full of scary dreams. The dreams were not terrifying but they were scary for me.
I was in a very small church in Salem Massachusetts. I was with an old dear friend, whose name in the dream was Mrs. Davidson but that is not her name in reality, and had lost my glasses and shoes. It was raining and my feet were getting wet and I could not find my shoes as I had lost my glasses. It was not Mrs. Davidson from Warehouse 13.
The lady that was called Mrs. Davidson in the dream and I parted company many years ago on not very amicable terms. Why were we so blissful in the dream, I kept wondering if she had an ulterior motive. Her personality in real life is much like the Mrs. Davidson in Warehouse13.
No shoes in God's house, Moses would understand. Not being able to see clearly, I wonder how that relates to being in a small Protestant sect's church.
Salem Massachusetts on Friday the thirteenth? I have been there on Hallow'een and would never go there again on that day. It is a madhouse.
I have read that dreams are wishes that the mind makes. I would wish for none of the aforementioned things. Mrs. Davidson in real life is a wonderful person but always has some sort of scheme or plan going on in the background. The bliss would not be worth the constant uncertainty.
The bliss that I have now is simple. My life is simple, lonely but simple. I have no complications or worries. I guess that I will just "Ease on Down the Road".
That thought brings to mind an old Country and Western song that could be my motto. "Cigarettes and whiskey, and wild wild women, they'll drive you crazy, they'll drive you insane" If you are lucky.
There is another song "I'm a rambler, I'm a gambler, I'm a long way from home, and if you don't like me then leave me alone. I eat when I'm hungry, I drink when I'm dry, and if moonshine don't kill me I'll live till I die.". That is too long for a motto but the pathos of Country music never fails to move me.

No comments: