Wednesday, August 4, 2010

After All These Years

Emotion has not been part of my life for many years. Too many hurts, too many disappointments, and too many tears brought me to that state. Don't get involved and you won't get hurt. So I don't know what has been happening over the past two days.
] Yesterday was filled with euphoria. I even went to the library and got a copy of a book I had read long ago. I had forgotten the story line of the book.
When I read the book years ago, I was a different person and had not experienced many of the traumas of life. I read the book today and was overcome by the story line. It wasn't the whole book, it was just one incident that happened in the book. Slowly the darkness started to seep into my mind. It will pass I am sure but for the moment things are dark and seem hopeless.
I have always thought that I have tasted the best that life has to offer. As I sit and reflect now, the taste is of ashes. I don't relish the dreams that are bound to occur tonight.

No comments: