Monday, October 6, 2008

Yesterday was a banner day. One of those unusual times when the actual event is much better than the anticipation of the event. This morning I was reminded that I have been able to pass on something to the next generation. It is my inability to hold my tongue when a thought flits from my mind to my tongue. I have often experienced this in my two younger children but was unaware that the oldest has similar tendencies. It is too bad that my Father passed away so soon. They would have enjoyed hearing him give me the advice he so often gave to me "Nils, the only time you should open your mouth is to change feet.". This is only part of the legacy I have bequeathed to them. Think of all of the sunshine, music, rainbows, and respect for humanity that is in Ibsen's work. That has also been passed on to them.

No comments: