Monday, October 27, 2008

Another wonderful day

Today was much like yesterday. The Sun was shining, the birds were singing (really only one crow and the sound was much like the sound that I make when I try to sing), and the leaves were everywhere. I am becoming fond of asparagus, the pencil thick ones not the thumb thick ones. I have plans for my infamous ten gallon spaghetti sauce tomorrow.
Two days without television, I am so proud of myself! I am not usually awake at this time of night but I got a call from a telemarketer about seven P.M. and have been unable to get back to sleep. I mentioned to the lady that there are restrictions on the time that they can call but she told me that it is several hours earlier where she is.
Tomorrow will be cooking and another walk. I shouldn't call what I do a walk. It is an amble. It is so nice to have the time to slowly move along, noticing the small things that enrich this world. I saw a wooly bear caterpillar with a stripe so wide that it reached to the end. BRRRRR! I must find my wool hat and long underwear, I will probably be needing them soon. I tried the heat and it came on. I shut it back off but I am looking forward to the days of sitting in a warm place watching the snow fall outside the window. Snow, what a joy it is. It covers the blemishes of the Earth and seems to say "All is well, errors are forgotten, let's start over.". It tickles the nose and bites the toes and justifies hot cocoa. It is as much a part of New England as the granite and the beans and the maple syrup and the codfish cakes. Would the symphony of Spring be so grand without the prelude of Winter? Will this global warming thing banish snow angels from our lives? It would seem to be an empty world without them.

No comments: