Thursday, October 9, 2008

Up at five A.M.. Coffee on the porch. It is a balmy morning. Yesterday morning there was ice on the porch, today it is mild and moist. Yesterday I made chicken parmesan again. It was as good as before. I must learn to confine myself to Italian and New England cooking. They are simple, use only the finest ingredients, and actually LOOK good. I have neither the resources nor the skill and patience needed for French cooking but boy do I have the appetite for it.
I watched part of the political debate. Neither candidate seemed to feel that specifics were important. I endured their platitudes and snide remarks until one candidate said that his plan was that he had confidence in the American people to ride out the troubles and build anew. So his plan is a confidence game! I turned off the TV and began to think. Why can't we find able people with no financial taint to vote for. I came up with a dream ticket. Bill Gates for president, Stephen Jobs for vice president, Warren Buffet for Secretary of the treasury, the head of the Marine Corps for Secretary of defense, George Bush Sr. for U.N. representative and head of the CIA, and T. Boone Pickens in charge of Energy. I miss William Jefferson Clinton very much. It is a shame that he can't run again.

No comments: