Thursday, October 23, 2008

This morning I read the blog of one of my daughters concerning raising orphaned or abandoned kittens. My heart filled with pride over the tender and sweet person she has become. She has an infinite supply of love for living things, excepting spiders, and to achieve such a level of empathy is the highest state a human being can aspire to.
I tried to leave a comment but was unable to. Yesterday my Brother brought me a new computer. It has all of the bells and whistles of the new age of computers. It can go from zero to sixty in a flash, stop on a dime and give you nine cents change. He spotted it in someone's trash and took it home and brought it back to life. He is amazing with anything that has moving parts. NASA could get the Hubble telescope fixed if they could only find a spacesuit big enough to fit him. The only problem would be that they would have to let him drive.
The groceries for the month of November are all in and I am looking forward to the cold weather, cooking, and reading under a nice warm blankie while watching the snow fall outside. Some cocoa and grahamn crackers will set the tone. So here in New England we are hunkering down for the seasons of rest and recharging. Soon up on the roof there will arise such a clatter!

No comments: