Sunday, February 21, 2010

Meatballs

Yesterday was Swedish Meatballs. They didn't turn out as good as they usually do. I probably used too much meat and the spices were overcome. So, the next time I will use more spices and the meatballs will be too spicy. This is the usual progression of my cooking and I wonder if I will ever reach the perfect in-between spot.
The sauce wasn't too bad, I combined everything on the plate with noodles, pickles, and lingonberries. I make the sauce with mushrooms, beef broth, brown sugar, butter, flour, and heavy cream. How could it be bad with all of those knock-out ingredients.
Today I hope to try the brownies. I will have to go to the little store and get some milk. The brownie recipe doesn't call for milk but trying to eat brownies without milk is like trying to eat Oreo's without dunking them in milk.
Today will also be a day for transplanting seedlings. They are getting a bit leggy and need larger containers.

No comments: