Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blanket

It is snowing. It is not a driving or a bitterly cold snow, as I would expect from February. It is a gentle blanket that is slowly accumulating. It will protect the Spring bulbs from damage and it will keep the mice and chipmunks nice and warm.
I have no reason to go out and I will spend the day cooking. I have a new recipe for brownies and I have not made tomato sauce in three days and I feel the urge building. The sausages are defrosting in the refrigerator.
Yesterday I roasted a chicken and had roast chicken, green beans, and two baked potatoes with sour cream, pepper, and a lot of gravy. I also feel that Swedish meatballs are in the near future.
It is so wonderful to be housebound. There are books to read and food to cook, plants to be transplanted and a gentle snow to watch accumulating. There are things to be done but they will have to get done at another time as this is to good a day to not waste. I hope that the chipmunks will be O.K.. I am really fond of chipmunks.

No comments: