Sunday, April 11, 2010

There is a message there.

From what I have been able to glean from Twitter, my Son-in-Law has just won an election due to a write-in campaign. I don't know him that well but one thing that is apparent about him. All of the people that supported him can write. Somehow that seems to indicate something about him and his support base. I wouldn't count on such a small support group if he decides to campaign for national or state politics. His support base is probably confined to the Boston area. Scott Brown's is statewide. Mitt Romney's was statewide. My Son-in-Law's is probably concentrated in areas that have a library and use it.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Ha ha, Dad. Actually, write-in candidates make up stickers now and hand them out to people on their way into the polls. So A's supporters only have to be able to put a sticker on the ballet and then fill in the circle next to it.

But... that said, his supporters are all very nice, very intelligent people from what I've seen. We're still waiting for the final count. We're 99.99% sure he's been voted in as a town meeting member representing our precinct since there was an open seat that no one was running for, and we think we got at least 15 write-in votes, but it's probably more. We'll know in the morning.

sandwhichisthere said...

My Son-in-Law was running for the ballet. This fact brings a lot of questions to mind. I bet that he will look stunning in a tu-tu.
I wish him well. I know that he will contribute sense and compassion to his town. The man is a tower of admirable qualities. Especially the quiet reserve that he exudes from every pore. He thinks before he speaks, something we all should try to do.

sandwhichisthere said...

As to Ms. Palin's possible absortion of intelligence and rational thinking,she was surrounded by Republicans. She might possibly get some intelligence and a little rational thinking. They can't all be dolts. In her case I think that she would rather adsorb it than absorb it.
The possibility of gaining compassion and common sense will not be possible until she visits Amrhein's. Even President Reagan went to the Eire Pub. I think that he bought a round. The man understood Boston politics.

muquiz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.