Saturday, April 10, 2010

Same again

Yesterday was the same dish again. Pork, onions, garlic, sliced peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, chicken stock, and rice. This dish can be very habit forming. Having the sliced peppers on hand is wonderful. I have already used one bag and today I will start on the other. I am looking forward to the same dish. I slice the garlic thickly instead if mincing it because I remember reading a book long ago, Love in the Time of Cholera, that explained why bigger pieces of garlic are better. Because it was a novel, not a scientific treatise, I am probably wrong in doing this but it pleases me and at this time of my life that is almost all that is important.
The sky seems to be clearing and perhaps today will be a better day. The ground is soggy enough and we could use some Sun.

No comments: