Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fizzle

The forecasted Monster Blizzard didn't happen. This morning most of the snow is gone. The trees no longer wear the blobs of frosting they wore yesterday and the roads look clear. I was looking forward to snowdrifts and Lara's Theme. There will be other storms this Winter but I was anticipating this one very much. I am all tucked in and warm and happy. Today I will make Swedish Pea Soup. It is still c0ld enough to be a good day for homemade soup. I don't have any salt pork but I can substitute bacon and sausage. Maybe some Irish Soda Bread to go along with it or corn bread might be nicer as mixing anything Irish with Swedish usually results in a fight over the last beer.
Christmas is wending its way toward us and it might be a disappointing day for my loved ones as the larder is a bit sparse this year. It always seems to be around Christmas.

No comments: