Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pizza!

Yesterday was Pizza Day. I felt guilty about making something new but I was tired of soup and spaghetti and meatballs. I make pretty good pizza (I am trapped in Italic and don't know how to get out of it) but never seem to be able to resist putting too many toppings on it. Pepperoni, onion, garlic, mozzerella. asiago, basil, oregano, pepperoncini, olive oil, and sliced tomatoes make for a wonderfully gooey and spicy pizza. Slipped under the broiler for the last few minutes melts and browns the cheeses nicely. Mr. Beck and eleven of his friends came for a visit and the afternoon was pleasantly mellow.
Earlier I had walked to the library and was pleasantly surprised to finally find a book with Jansen's Temptation in it. I will try the temptation. Stomach Beware! Potatoes, onions, cream, and anchovies are in your future. The only thing that my stomach has ever rejected was octopus ( until I learned that you are supposed to scape the black slimy stuff off). I can still hear the laughter of the Portugese waitress. The broiled sardines more than made amends with my stomach and the Shrimp Antonio was its reward ( imagine tiny shrimps and mahogany clams cooked in a heavily garliced marinara sauce, the sauce mopped up with garlic bread).

No comments: